Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Today is our three year anniversary. It's the anniversary only we and our parents know about. Hubby and I were engaged when he received a job offer that would move him to London, Ontario Canada. The deal was so great but there was a catch.... Joshua, Chloe & I could not move with him unless we were legally married. So, we took care of that little technicality. It's kinda lame to admit but with a couple of silver rings we bought at Walmart (i think), some random errands, and lunch at Donatos Pizza, we got hitched.

Looking back I feel awful about the way we did it. We could have put a little more effort into it. Prior to the ceremony, I just looked at it as signing some paper. I got married in jeans and my favorite pink sweater. We followed it up with my moving-to-Canada-going-away party with my friends. Only recently have I begun to wish we gave it a little more celebration. You know, I could have put on a dress and he could have worn his suit. Heck, we could have had someone take our picture. lol  We probably should have gone out for a romantic dinner. Instead, we got cleaned up and headed out with my friends

We did actually have a wedding five months later. White dress, tux, flowers... all of it. More about that some other day. I do like the way we have chosen to celebrate our marriage. For our January anniversary we have a celebration with the children to honor the day we became a family. I made a roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, etc and a spice cake. It was a great night.

My Sweetheart & I at my going away party 1/20/2009
                                         
Today honors the day I married the best man  I have ever known. He treats me better than I ever could have dreamed and I am truly blessed to have him as my husband and the father to my children. He is home sick today. It sucks that he isn't feeling great, but I'm happy to have him here with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment