Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Essie Lady Like and Carry On



I am loving yesterday's mani! I decided to try the "accent nail manicure".  I painted all nails with Essie's Fall 2011 shade, Carry On (a deep plum shade that seems to have a brown base) except for each ring finger. On this special finger, Essie's lovely lavender Lady Like. Both shades are very rich in color, seem to be a cream, and have a great shine. The boys cooperated with me so well, I was able to paint all fingers & toes and only have to redo one fingernail. Very cool!

Both colors are gorgeous! They each took 2 coats. Including my China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat and my Beauty Secrets Top Coat, 4 layers in all and my nails still dried quickly. Now that I've mentioned my base & top coats.... LOVE. I stumbled upon each at Sally's Beauty Supply. They work amazing. I love that my base coat has added days to my manicure and my top coat is very shiny and seems to resist chipping also. I usually change my polish before the manicure is ruined so I can say I get at least 4 days from a manicure and with some polishes (Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Nail Lacquer), as many as 10! This is becoming quite the run-on post... The Rimmel polish, I love the stuff! However they have limited selection in colors. To be fair, the website says 32 shades, what I have access to here in London (Canada) seems to be a lot less.


No comments:

Post a Comment