Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge: Day 8


 Today I am (again) linking up with Neely and Amber for the Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge
Today's topic: Fall Travel/Road-trips/Vacations

With school in full swing again, there's not much vacationing goin on around here. Road-trips- once a month we travel back to the states for my two older children to visit their father. So there are a few fall road-trips to Columbus planned, not super exciting. However, it is my once-a-month visit with my bestie Charlie, (and I wear makeup & shoes with heels and my hair is not in a bun...and I drink cocktails and go dancing WAY past my bedtime), so I ALWAYS look forward to this trip.

I have been thinking, it would be nice for the Mr and I to get away, just for a night. I would love to rent a cabin in Hocking Hills for the night. I just feel guilty with Christmas around the corner. (We calculated our people to shop for/budget... I swear, my heart stopped for a moment.) We deserve it. We really need it. We've had two babies in two years. We have four children at home. We spend our 1 night in Columbus catching up with our friends (shame on us, but it won't stop) and we almost never hire a sitter here in London. So we are almost never alone. We need some romance, one way or another, we'll make it happen. 
image found @ www.cabinrentalnet.com
Doesn't that look amazing? *sigh* Maybe this is the perfect excuse to use my credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment