Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge: Day 3


Today is day 3 of Neely and Amber's fall challenge. Today's topic:  What do you do for Halloween? or a Halloween memory.

I remember when I was little my mom would take my brother and I to my grandmother's for trick-or-treat, a.k.a. beggar's night. We always had chili for dinner. That was the tradition. It is one that I have tried to continue for my own children. We missed a few years when I was a single mom. (Hard to get that chili made and ate before going out when you don't get off work till a half hour after trick-or-treating began... )

This year will be nice and calm. Joshua has decided to be a cowboy (like 2 years ago) and Chloe wants to be a vampire again (like last year). My kids are sooo creative. We need to come up with ideas for the babies. We have some ideas but who knows what we'll come up with.

As for AJ and I, we watch horror movies for the whole month of October. I've been trying to start early, but he isn't going for it. I love love love scarey movies, he humors me.




Oh, and here's a confession, I very much dislike (we don't say "hate" in this house) carving pumpkins! Yea, I said it. Ok, it's really the scooping the pumpkin guts I don't care for. I love the selecting of the pumpkin, how excited the kids are for carving night, and I love the results. Ugh, but pumpkin guts, not a fan.

I'll leave you with some pics of the kids from last year.
Joshua as General Grevious

Oliver as a cheeky monkey
Chloe as a vampiress

No comments:

Post a Comment